A Taste of the Good Life?

It was perfectly innocent. Honestly. I did it when I was little. I drank Ovaltine. I'm thirty and I still drink it. So, when I added a teaspoon to my son's milk, I was just giving him a taste of the good life. I thought I had things under control. I was oh-so-wrong.

Ever since that fateful day two weeks ago, Maddox has cried out to me in desperation, "Mama! Chocolate milk? Chocolate milk? Chocolate!!!!!"

I started off as a very strict new mom. Only breast milk, then half milk, half formula, then ok, all formula. Then it was puree this and puree that. Followed by ok, Earth's Best canned baby food. Then it was onto solids. It was a croqueta here. A french fry there. Then things started to turn Hispanic.

My mother would arrive with my grandmother on Sunday. "Ooo, Maddox! You want a sugar pastry? It's good for you. It has fruit you know." Uh, ok.

"Maddox, here baby, a deep fried croqueta. And a milk shake. You like that? Oh, my little angel likes it! His mommy deprives him!"

So, as you can see, things were loosening up around here. This led to my lackadaisical nature, cunningly persuading me to add that teaspoon of chocolate crack.

We are now on day 3 of no chocolate milk. Our son is having a hard time accepting our decision. But hey, he'll be thanking me in 2-3 years when he doesn't have meth mouth.

Comments

Popular Posts